My father Roger Grosjean was the administrative secretary (gérant) of the Hot Club de France in the late 40 and fifties. That's how he met, and became friends with, James Edward Davis (Jimmy Davis) who is the (co)author of Lover Man. As it happens, Jimmy played an important role in my life but I only learned about it when I was an adult. So I'm trying to find as much as I can about him. I know that he came to France as a GI during the war (there's a photo of him in uniform) and I believe he lived in France after WWII. But I'd like to know more, if I could (how he spent his time between France and the US, what he did for a living, where he died and where he is buried, etc.). And, if at all possible, I would love to contact his family or one of his descendants.

Many thanks for any help you can give me. And very best wishes from Switzerland where I now live. François.

P.S. I have already found this information but I would like to know more, if at all possible:

http://illkeepyouposted.typepad.com/ill_keep_you_posted/2012/02/jimmy-davis-lover-man-1.html

Edited by Francois Grosjean

Did you search google books? (i.e. books.google.com) for things like

"jimmy davis" composer

"jimmy davis" pianist

"jimmy davis" lyricist

?

i did come across some information that way, e.g.

link or link the second link is from Jet Magazine and mentions that he lived partly in Mallorca and Paris at the time and that he worked wit Maurice Chevalier...