Did you see the glorious tribute to Artie Shaw

BERIGAN

Yep, well known Artie Shaw aficionados Sean Astin and Norah Jones came out to show a b&w photo of him, and to say he had gotten the lifetime achievement award! :o No music was played. Then they quickly dispensed with some award to Mary McPartland(Not the lifetime achievement award, and she wasn't there either) so they could give out the best new artist Grammy. Fountains of Wayne was up for this, they have only been around since the mid 90's! Gosh, I wish I could have watched the rest of the show....but the weather channel was on at the same time....

Edited by BERIGAN

what do you mean gimmick? what did they do together?

Chick played absolutely beautiful notes like he probably does now in his sleep, when all the while the Foo Fighters guy was trying his best to shake the Tenex out of his hair and onto the ivories (like one of those cool buddy duets between nearly aging rocker and rhythm section minion) but since Chick was asleep he didn't mind. I think maybe they were conjuring some sort of David Sancious / Springsteen thing but then again one can't conjure up talent. ;)

Really wished I had seen the Corea-Foo Fighters thing. I'm betting that the musicians involved dig each other and had a blast doing it - I often find that musicians are more open-minded to different types/styles of Music (with a capital M) that their fans.