Upcoming NFL draft

NFL draft is coming up. My team is the NE Patriots and they are stocked with draft picks. Latest news is that Tebucky Jones will be traded to the Saints and the Pats will receive a third and a seventh round pick in this years draft along with a fourth round for next year. That means that the Pats now have 2 first round picks, 1 second round, 2 third round, 2 fourth round, (can't remembe how many fifth and sixth rounders, and 3 seventh round picks. Trade anyone? :rolleyes:

Guest Mnytime

Da Raiders

I would not be surprised if they draft McGahee with one of their first round picks, which might end up being the steal of the draft.

My prediction for the top 10 picks is:

Bengals - Carson Palmer, though I would pick Leftwich myself. Palmer's career basically was a bust except for the last 6 games of his senior season. That is not exactly someone I would make the first pick overall. If Leftwich didn't break his leg for the second time I think the Bengals pick him. Of course since this is the Bengals he will blow out a knee or shoulder within a few hours of the bonus check clearing. ;)

Lions-Charles Rogers-the easiest pick in the draft. Randy Moss without the childish attitude.

Texans-Andre Johnson, the first of the usual Draft stampede from one of my old schools, Miami.

Bears-Dewayne Robertson, this would have been Terrell Suggs if not for his slow 40 at his personal workout. Though once again if I was them I would draft Leftwich.

The Boys-Terence Newman, though once again if I was them I would take Leftwich. There is also an issue over Newman's shoulder, which I have heard has been downgraded. If they don't pick either of these two than it will be Marcus Trufant.

Arizona-Terrell Suggs, even with the slow 40 they need line help and he is a local hero from Arizona St.

Vikings-Marcus Trufant

Jacksonville-If Leftwich is still around he will be their pick if not it will be Boller. Like Palmer another guy who was a bust for most of his career than had a excellent senior season and even better workouts.

Panthers-Jordan Gross, best OL in the draft.

Ravens-Will choose whomever is left between Leftwich or Boller.

By the way I think the Patriots will pick Larry Johnson or they might gamble on McGahee as well since they have two first round picks as well. Myself I would stay away from a Penn St. RB and DL. They never seem to live up to the hype. The only exception I can remember is Curt Warner.

Great analysis! Mnytime.

I doubt that NE will spend a first rounder on a running back. They recently picked up in free agency the starting fullback for the Chargers who is a great blocker and claims partial responsibility for Ladanian Tomlinson's year. He'll block for Antoinne Smith.

First pick will go for one of the defensive tackles and the second first rounder will probably be someone like Kwame Harris, OT.

They could very well trade both picks to move up as well.

I think Mcgahee would be a great pick up for anyone. Do the Raiders need a runner? I also see him going towards the end of the first round. I don't think he'll slide into the second.

The "experts" say that the Bears will take Suggs. The Lions will take Rogers for sure, and the Bengals will take Palmer. After that we don't know.

I would personally wish to see the Pats trade some of their picks in order to move up and get a "star." Perhaps there's a team high up who needs some depth and could accept some middle round picks plus a first rounder for a high first round. We'll see. No matter what, NE has had a good offseason with their free agent acquisitions. Belichek is smart with the x's and o's, but he's also very smart with personnel.

Hey Mnytime,

Change my mind, I don't think Mcgahee is going in the first round at all. He will slip into the second. He probably won't be able to play at all in 2003 and there's too much other interesting talent out there. Word has it that the Steelers are showing interest in RB Johnson out of Penn State.