DB Record Reviews 10.14.71

Larry Ridley gives the first EW&F album 5 Stars, Bill Cole is all over the place covering the new New , Dan Morgenstern reviews the last album of a legend, and ads, ads, ads.

What struck me most about the reviews in this issue, more than in otehr issues I've looked at over the years, is how many of these records people still dig and discuss today. It was indeed a fertile time, and its reverberations continue.

DBRR%201_zps19mwen7j.jpg

DBRR%202_zpsq7vv6jo4.jpg

DBRR%203_zps4boxhefu.jpg

DBRR%204_zpso75phxox.jpg

DBRR%205_zpsse3bgjlu.jpg

DBRR%206_zpsd4hf2xy1.jpg

DBRR%207_zpsgjqtn8np.jpg

Larry Ridley gives the first EW&F album 5 Stars, Bill Cole is all over the place covering the new New , Dan Morgenstern reviews the last album of a legend, and ads, ads, ads.

What struck me most about the reviews in this issue, more than in otehr issues I've looked at over the years, is how many of these records people still dig and discuss today. It was indeed a fertile time, and its reverberations continue.

I'm just starting the process of writing a book about jazz in the 1970s. Your point is one of the ideas that I hope to put across in my book: Jazz in the 1970s is the beginning of jazz as we know it today.

Edited by HutchFan