Chris Anderson 2fer f/s at Fresh Sounds

fasstrack

I've never heard Anderson's music. I've only heard of him.  He's someone that I've always wanted to check out.

Let us know what you think of it, fasstrack.

The write-up on the Fresh Sounds site mentions that Anderson had some sort of brittle bone disease. I wasn't aware. Was it the same thing that afflicted Michel Petrucciani?

Edited by HutchFan

4 hours ago, HutchFan said:

I've never heard Anderson's music. I've only heard of him.  He's someone that I've always wanted to check out.

Let us know what you think of it, fasstrack.

The write-up on the Fresh Sounds site mentions that Anderson had some sort of brittle bone disease. I wasn't aware. Was it the same thing that afflicted Michel Petrucciani?

I've heard it before. It's wonderful. Get it, trust me.

Don't know the specifics of his disorder, but he was in the hospital a lot. One time I told him I liked a recording he was on, Frank Strozier's Long Night. He kind of chortled and said 'The day before that record date I fell down some subway stairs and broke both pinkies'...

Yeah, that's the one I want!  Heh.

i have his first on vinyl (The Inverted Image) but I don't have the second album included in that twofer.  I can recommend his solo albums on Maple Shade and a duo album with Charlie Haden on Naim.  The latter was available on vinyl as well as cd but they are probably OOP. 

That's a great deal for the twofer.  Is it mastered from a cd?

Edited by six string