Erich Kleinschuster (1930 - 2018) R.I.P

soulpope

31 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

They weren't cheap when they first came out either.  Close to $40 each (per 2-disc set), iirc.  Seems like I remember paying either $36 or maybe $38 each from Dusty Groove (plus shipping).  Worth every penny, though -- especially the first one which I got for the Joe Henderson, but love the Carmell Jones and the double-dose of some of THE best Clifford Jordan I think I've ever heard.

Agree with you on Vol.1 .... nevertheless Vol.2 has a number of  beautiful Art FarmerJimmy Heath tracks (reminiscent of "From Vienna With Art" on MPS) and although me not being a dedicated follower the Slide Hampton tracks are excellent (and feature some of the best Jimmy Woode on tape) ..... ....

BTW Just remembered about the legal dispute reg Vol 2 : The plan was to feature both sessions with Phil Woods from May 1969 .... the tapes were remastered (und were said sounding superbly ....) but then someone talked Phil Woods into withdrawing his approval and so it happened .... the project responsibles at Universal Austria had to restart the talks with other musicians/lawyers and the result was - with long delay - Vol. 2 as mentioned above ....