lots of CDs for sale...

Guest akanalog

What a nonsence Ken.

i beg to differ.

venting frustration publicly on a newsgroup/bulletin board over a transaction before contacting the seller is in poor form.

if we can't be kind to our own in this tiny microcosm/forum, then how sad is that?

Edited by etherbored

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a nonsence Ken.

i beg to differ.

venting frustration publicly on a newsgroup/bulletin board over a transaction before contacting the seller is in poor form.

Not to turn this into a pissing match, but I agree completely with etherbored.

I've been very happy with the discs I've purchased from donald. Anyone who isn't is certainly entitled to their opinion, but what is gained by publicly airing their complaint?

IMO, it is more appropriate to contact the seller via PM and try to work it out privately.

Guest donald petersen

thank you everyone who has responded with nice words. i appreciate it.

bluerein-if you change your mind, let me know...

I have had a few dealings with unsavory individuals through ebay/half.com who either didn't ship discs ordered or badly misrepresented items for sale (one clown sent burned DVD copies and represented them as "the only way to get them,") yet I still was in touch with them before filing claims. Regarding the DVDR crook, he refunded everything, including shipping both ways.

The same is true for informal direct sales through boards. Although it might be tough to get a refund or an adjustment from a seller in this type of transaction, I still feel that the seller deserves the opportunity to offer a replacement, partial refund, or full refund before a buyer goes public complaining about a purchase. Put yourself in the seller's shoes and ask how you would react to a posted bb complaint before hearing from a disgruntled buyer.

I probably won't be shopping at one used CD store in NYC again. I purchased a Paul Bley disc on Steeplechase there and didn't look at it closely enough. When I finally got ready to play it a few months later, I discovered it was a CDR with a glossy photo (but definitely copied) book. If they actually took this thing in via trade, they should have pitched it or played it in the store. I know it is too late to get a refund, as they would claim I burned it myself.

Edited by Ken Dryden