A few other amazon.co.uk bargains

Complete Verve Billie Holiday at £33.97 here, also the Verve Studio Masters at £24.97. Also worth checking Ella and Louis, and Ella's Gershwin and Ellington Songbooks, and lower than usual prices on Coltrane Complete VV and Complete Impulse.

As well as the outright bargains on Basie and Farlow Mosaics (£26.97) I mentioned elsewhere. These prices include 17.5% sales tax which is not payable for buyers outside EU, and postage is per item not per disk so works out well on box sets (I *think*).

Those prices will end VERY SOON.

Edit: It's all here on this page: bargain boxes

Edited by David Ayers

Good call, Claude. My DFD Schubert Lieder arrived just now - £27 including shipping, even less than the current price. This is the same Universal sale I mentioned when it began. Europadisc closed their version of this sale yesterday, MDT close today, so my guess is that amazon will not be too far behind.

I'd certainly say anyone on the fence over Basie (at £26.97) should JUMP...

Edited to add that the Fischer Dieskau Schubert is the compact edition WITH complete texts and translations into English, plus a mix of translations and paraphrases in French. So you are sorted for life with this set, even if all you want to begin with are the three major cycles.

Edited by David Ayers

thanks David for the heads-up ! The Ella's are tempting....

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT: The Nina Simone on Verve/Phillips for 15£ might be as a great deal...

EDIT2: haven't seen that before but Amazon.uk.co properly calculates the slightly lower german VAT rates ;) Thx !

Edited by tjobbe

Hi!

I would like to recommend The Magic Voices by Singers Unlimited. This is a great longboxset with a fantastic booklet (book) with lots of interesting info and interviews. Super good sound quality too!

Also The Eddie Harris Anthology is great great great!

/Shaft

Antonio Carlos Jobim - The Man from Ipanema for 14£

Cheers, Tjobbe

That one is fantastic. Highly recommended at the price !

I feared that ...and now those bastards just reduce the price for the Getz again to below 9 Pounds....they want me to exeed my Credit Card limit

Cheers, Tjobbe

P.S. I believe there is some truth behind the Verve C.E.O. Thread... :g

That really is a great price on the Getz box. It is now showing 1-2 weeks availability so maybe o.k.

Also the Sinatra Platinum Collection, a 3CD Capitol best of set, is available for the amazingly low price of 0.97 pounds. Definitely a bargain.

sorry to put some "non Jazz" on the board here but being an Amazon UK costumer now, they send me some link to the brand new Moody Blues SA-CD's where at least I'm interested in that Threshold of a dream.

The two single SA-CD's are at 9 and the three double SA-CD's are at 11£....maybe some is interested in those as well when ordering some of the boxes.

Cheers, Tjobbe