Belgium?

best zweitausendeins store i have seen was düsseldorf (i mean, the differences are in the boxes with cheapo stuff, the main selection is the same everywhere),

I remember picking up a cheap 10+LP box sets of Monk Riverside and Bill Evans Riverside (German pressings) and cheapo Coltrane German reissues on Impulse many years ago. Also very good for those nice 'Mood' LPs by Wolfgang Dauner, Ack van Rooyen etc.

There is also a Zweitausendeins store in Munich, but I don't visit it anymore as it is outside the city center, and ordering online is cheap and more convenient.

The only reason I still go to CD and LP stores is to find stuff that cannot be ordered online. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

The only reason I still go to CD and LP stores is to find stuff that cannot be ordered online. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

I still like to go and browse through the cd racks. I can usually find something of interest that I might not have thought to look for online. It's fun to stumble onto something that catches your interest like that, for me.

Unfortunately there aren't that many stores like that anymore.

Checked out 'The Collector' - touristy hype place in the Bourse area, way overpriced and condition of many of the LPs not so great. And much of this stuff not at all rare either (they seemed to have lots of Prestige blue labels, Riverside/Milestones etc). Joke prices e.g. 25 euros for some of the Pathe Marconi DMMs e.g. Horace Parlan and 35 euros for run-of-mill Japanese Toshibas. There was a Belgian guy next to me frantically snapping stuff up like there was no tomorrow. As for me, I didn't buy a thing. I was wondering if we were in the same shop?

'Discosold' was quite a nice place for CDs and had one Verve Elite Edition CD that I could see (Quinichette) and a Dexter Blue Note box for 75 euros. Still pricey though - better for CDs and the vinyl generally sucked.

My conclusion - when in Brussels save the jazz dollar and spend it on food and beer instead.

Looks like I'm off to Munich in about 3 weeks though so things may be better there.. ;)

Edited by sidewinder