Jump to content

Aggie87

Members
  • Posts

    11,557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Aggie87

  • Birthday 04/19/1965

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Carefree Highway, Arizona

Recent Profile Visitors

15,263 profile views

Aggie87's Achievements

  1. Pigeon Point LIghthouse, Pescadero CA 15 Sept 2026
  2. Rush - Feedback (I'm going to guess BFrank isn't surprised)
  3. I think you'll be impressed. The drummer, Anika Nilles, is exceptional (and yes, she's not Neil Peart). She fits with Geddy and Alex well, and by all accounts they are having the time of their lives. And having a guy playing keyboards frees Geddy up to bounce around the stage more and just have more fun playing bass. My daughter saw Rush in Philly recently, and I'm going when they hit Phoenix. Their previous tour in 2015, the final with Neil, was solid. I saw it in Austin and thought it was very good. But by most accounts this has been even better, overall. Geddy's voice is better too.
  4. Mt Princeton, Colorado - 14,200 ft elevation. 5 September 2026 This is one of 96 mountain peaks in the U.S. greater than 14k feet. Colorado has the most (53), followed by Alaska with 29 (though the 22 tallest mountains in the U.S. are all in Alaska).
  5. I saw her in 2003 in Stuttgart, and thought she was remarkable. Never got a chance to see her again after that, unfortunately. Rest in Peace. Stacey Kent opened that night, followed by Jane Monheit, and then Wilson. A fine show with three very different singing styles. I did get to chat briefly with Lonnie Plaxico that evening, who was playing with Cassandra. Cool dude.
  6. My wife and I were in NYC for a weekend visit from southern NJ back in 2012. John Scofield was playing the Blue Note with Swallow & Stewart, I convinced her to go with me. The music was great, though I agree with the comment about how close the seats were together. I don't see a lot on their current calendar that is of interest to me, though if I were in town, I'd check out the Stefon Harris/Jaleel Shaw date.
  7. Those are great! I've loved to see Shannon & Narducy, hopefully they've got more U.S. dates in the future.
  8. Yep, he did. Buck's signature is in black, Stringfellow bottom left and Mills bottom right. The physical condition of the setlist isn't so good - it was perfect when it was given to me by a stadium employee (the Reitstadion Riem, a 1972 Olympic facility), and when Mills and Stringfellow signed it that night. But the concert was in Munich and I had to catch a train back to Stuttgart, where I lived, later that night, and the skies opened up in a downpour as I walked to the bus stop to get to the train station. So the paper got drenched, and ultimately wrinkled. It's still a treasure to me though. Mills and Stringfellow were both very chatty, and seemed happy to talk to another American. Stringfellow liked that my name is with a "K" rather than a "C", and talked Norse mythology with me for a bit (hence the "Ragnarok" comment). I didn't know that he wasn't such a good person at the time, but he was cool then. Peter Buck also signed my Drink the Sea concert setlist at the show in February, along with fellow band members Barrett Martin, Alain Johannes, and Lisette Garcia. The only REM cover that night was at the end of the set, The One I Love.
  9. He was not the chattiest person overall, but it was fine. I had brought a copy of the setlist from a 1999 REM concert I attended in Munich, that I'd already had signed by Mike Mills and Ken Stringfellow (the night of that show), and he enjoyed seeing it and looking at the songs they'd played that night. Wilco opened for them on that tour, and he said he enjoyed touring with them. That was about it, chat-wise.
  10. I'm good with every album of theirs through Up. The four after that don't hold my interest, save a song here or there. I met Peter Buck earlier this year at a Drink the Sea concert, he's still the coolest dude in the room.
  11. REM - Lifes Rich Pageant (plus the Athens Demos)
×
×
  • Create New...