Congratulations Kristina Rae Sangrey - PESH Class of 2008

An amazing young woman, my daughter is. She hasn't killed me, and yeah, she's made me stronger (although in ways I never dreamed I would need to be).

Well said, this is how I feel in relation to my duaghters too. An honest sentiment, it should grace every Father's Day card this year. :tup

Thanks to everybody for the kind words. Kristina rolled her eyes when I showed her this thread, said something about "mooshy-gooshy crap", but she was smiling when she read it, and when I asked her why, she just smiled some more.

Works for me.

Is Toot Toot, Pritty Kritty, TOOT TOOT! something she said as a kid?

Nah, it's the title of a tune I wrote for Quartet Out based on a rhythm I would tap out on her stomach before changing her diaper and the little riff I sang in conjunction with the rhythm.

To this day, whenever I pick her up from somehow and she doesn't see me, I do a loud "TOOT TOOT" ala Popeye's pipe (only quicker) and she knows its me. Oddly enough, of all the things I used to do that embarrass the hell out of her now, that's not one of them.

An amazing young woman, my daughter is. She hasn't killed me, and yeah, she's made me stronger (although in ways I never dreamed I would need to be).

Well said, this is how I feel in relation to my duaghters too. An honest sentiment, it should grace every Father's Day card this year. :tup

Thanks, and indeed!

Although truthfully, it can (or should) be said about anybody we allow ourselves to love unlimitedly and unconditionally...

Is Toot Toot, Pritty Kritty, TOOT TOOT! something she said as a kid?

Nah, it's the title of a tune I wrote for Quartet Out based on a rhythm I would tap out on her stomach before changing her diaper and the little riff I sang in conjunction with the rhythm.

To this day, whenever I pick her up from somehow and she doesn't see me, I do a loud "TOOT TOOT" ala Popeye's pipe (only quicker) and she knows its me. Oddly enough, of all the things I used to do that embarrass the hell out of her now, that's not one of them.

It is very encouraging to read that someday all the things that I do to embarrass the hell out of my 12 year old daughter may not seem as embarrassing to her.

Right now, the things I do that seem embarrassing to her include picking her up from an event with her peers, eating, talking, breathing.