The Selection Process

Dan Gould

I agree with just about everything already said! ;)

Either way we do it is fine by me. I'm having so much fun that I can't complain. Throw my name in the hat of future compilers; I'm good to go anytime.

Yes, the group is growing, and I think we should strive to get a more efficient distribution system in place, as needed, as we grow. I've voluntered to help each time out, but have really only had to send out a small handful. I think if each of us could copy and distribute several discs each time or two it would really ease up the burden on whoever is "it" that month. Also, any thoughts about setting up something on-line (FTP?) that we could download or is that too much of a "gray" area?

Ray

FWIW, I voted "sign up". Seems fair and practical, and you can't beat that combo, right? But the things need to be spaced out in intervals of 2 or 3 weeks, maybe even a month, I think, to give compilers time to really get it "right" in their eyes. Of course, once you get a sign up list that reaches far enough in advance, that'll not be so much of a problem.

Besides, I myself very much enjoy taking time to REALLY listen to the selections before posting guesses/comments, as well as following through once the answers are known. Space the tests too close together, and you run the risk of it becoming just another "chore" to meet, albeit more pleasant than most.

Hey - I don't need no more stinkin' chores!!!! :rmad::rmad::rmad:

I agree. One every 3 weeks to a month makes sense.

Too close and it will not just be a chore making them. It'll be a chore listening to them! The current spacing gives you time to play them a few times and absorb what you are listening too. Given all the other things most of us clearly listen to (to say nothing about annoying things like work, family commitments, life etc) I would imagine that anything more frequent would start to lead to discs not actually being listened to.