Privia PX-330 Problem

dankarlsberg

Hi Everyone,

I know this might not be the place to post this problem, but I really think someone hear might be able to solve my problem. I bought a Privia PX-330 4ish years ago, and for the most part it has been great. A couple years back, on a freezing winter day, I left it in my car all day before my gig that night. When I turned it on at the gig, the pitch would drift in and out of tune, randomly. This lasted for the first couple songs, then it finally stabilized. I thought this was due to the keyboard being subjected to the vast change in temperature, or humidity or something. This happened a couple other times as well. Now... the last two gigs I played with it, the pitch randomly wavers in and out, not as drastically as with the cold weather, but it still is scary while playing. I feel like when I hit the keys lighter it doesn't do that, but when I accent or hit harder, it does.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, or what could be wrong with it? I have never had a problem like this with any other keyboard I own. Thanks in advance for any help!!

• 1 month later...

For those of you who have a similar problem with the Privia PX-330, I decided to disable the pitch bend wheel, by going into the menu and setting it to bend 0 half steps. So far, I have played 7 or 8 gigs and not had the problem of the keyboard pitch changing. If it happens again, I will post here letting people know, but so far, so good.