Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bresna

FS - VPI Scout SE with Ortofon 2M Black Cartridge

3 posts in this topic

I offered this up at another forum and thought that maybe someone here might appreciate a good deal so here goes...

My wife and I are starting to look into downsizing and one of the things I'll be losing is my separate listening room. Of course, that means that I will no longer need most of the gear in there.

First up for sale:
$1,400 plus actual shipping
VPI Scout SE turntable with Ortofon 2M Black MM cartridge
This turntable was discussed in depth on the Steve Hoffman forums: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/vpi-scout-se-turntable.321690/. VPI only made 25 of these after they found a stash of unused HW19 platters during a warehouse cleanup and I was a lucky guy when my wife decided to buy one for me and give it to me for Christmas. I asked for it because I thought that the HW19 platter on the Scout plinth looked great. I was not disappointed - it does look great. I will be sad to see this go.

I've used it about 150-250 hours, all with the Ortofon 2M Black MM cartridge that I am offering it with. It came with an HW19 platter & bearing as well as a JMW-9T Unipivot tonearm and a record clamp. I added a Soundsmith Counter Intuitive to make setup easier. This turntable/cart setup has been a stellar performer since I got it setup last March after several months of back and forth with VPI to get the correct alignment jig.

Payment by PayPal only. I would prefer a local pickup but will ship using UPS at actual cost. I live in Southern NH, about an hour's drive from Boston.

I want to sell this as a package deal, but I will separate them. If you only want the turntable without the cart, it would be $1,100.00 plus actual shipping.

I had a buyer from CA who fell through but I did get an estimate of $88 to ship this to CA.

Thanks for looking,

Kevin

post-74-0-99160700-1424959082_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-66350200-1424959147_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-77915500-1424959173_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

That's a very fair price. Earlier this week I ordered a VPI Classic 1 with that very same cartridge. Otherwise I would have given this some serious consideration.

I have a local buyer lined up.

Thanks for looking.

Kevin