StarThrower

What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

13,186 posts in this topic

I prefer these early Voxbox- to his later Philips-recordings. They are more spontaneous and urgent, lovely. On the Liszt part there are some impurities in the dynamics of the recording but this doesn't bother me at all because of the pretty high quality of artistry. This is an reissue from the 70's from mostly 60's recordings.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

Edited by Referentzhunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3810ae9d31.jpg

"Must have" Schubert Lieder recording ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dvorak - String Quartet No.12, Op,96 "American"  /  Grechaninov - Symphony No.1, Op.6iu-3.jpegiu-13.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mozart - String Quartet K.589  and   Mendelssohn - String Quartet Op.44/3iu-14.jpegiu-6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-13009959-1546390728-5435.jpeg.jpg

Solo piano version of Fauré's beautiful Requiem, grown out of Naoumoff's fascination with the work. I must admit I find the vocal version much more enchanting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 2:33 AM, Referentzhunter said:

I prefer these early Voxbox- to his later Philips-recordings. They are more spontaneous and urgent, lovely. On the Liszt part there are some impurities in the dynamics of the recording but this doesn't bother me at all because of the pretty high quality of artistry. This is an reissue from the 70's from mostly 60's recordings.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

Referentz,

Brendel's Vanguard recordings of Liszt's music are wonderful too. (And again MUCH better this his Liszt on Philips.)

418NZJMM6QL.jpg

Listening to the CD now, prompted by your post.  :) 

Edited by HutchFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Brendel's Vanguard recordings of Liszt's music are wonderful too. (And again MUCH better this his Liszt on Philips.)

418NZJMM6QL.jpg

Listening to the CD now, prompted by your post.  :) 

Yesss ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Referentz,

Brendel's Vanguard recordings of Liszt's music are wonderful too. (And again MUCH better this his Liszt on Philips.)

418NZJMM6QL.jpg

Listening to the CD now, prompted by your post.  :) 

 

ahhh ... 'Brendel and Liszt'. Haven't heard these but could be wonderfull to. The same with a lot of Askhenazy later Chopin recordings.  Strugling with the tempi or colouring. For my listeningexperience unforgivable ... It's nice to hear Brendel excel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Piano Sonatas Nos. 1,2&3 * 4 Impromptus * 4 Scherzi * Berceuse * Barcarolle

f.jpg

Edited by Referentzhunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now