StarThrower

What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

13,186 posts in this topic

I prefer these early Voxbox- to his later Philips-recordings. They are more spontaneous and urgent, lovely. On the Liszt part there are some impurities in the dynamics of the recording but this doesn't bother me at all because of the pretty high quality of artistry. This is an reissue from the 70's from mostly 60's recordings.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

Edited by Referentzhunter

3810ae9d31.jpg

"Must have" Schubert Lieder recording ....

Dvorak - String Quartet No.12, Op,96 "American"  /  Grechaninov - Symphony No.1, Op.6iu-3.jpegiu-13.jpeg

Mozart - String Quartet K.589  and   Mendelssohn - String Quartet Op.44/3iu-14.jpegiu-6.jpeg

R-13009959-1546390728-5435.jpeg.jpg

Solo piano version of Fauré's beautiful Requiem, grown out of Naoumoff's fascination with the work. I must admit I find the vocal version much more enchanting.

On 10/24/2020 at 2:33 AM, Referentzhunter said:

I prefer these early Voxbox- to his later Philips-recordings. They are more spontaneous and urgent, lovely. On the Liszt part there are some impurities in the dynamics of the recording but this doesn't bother me at all because of the pretty high quality of artistry. This is an reissue from the 70's from mostly 60's recordings.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

Referentz,

Brendel's Vanguard recordings of Liszt's music are wonderful too. (And again MUCH better this his Liszt on Philips.)

418NZJMM6QL.jpg

Listening to the CD now, prompted by your post.  :) 

Edited by HutchFan

4 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Brendel's Vanguard recordings of Liszt's music are wonderful too. (And again MUCH better this his Liszt on Philips.)

418NZJMM6QL.jpg

Yesss ....

5 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Referentz,

418NZJMM6QL.jpg

ahhh ... 'Brendel and Liszt'. Haven't heard these but could be wonderfull to. The same with a lot of Askhenazy later Chopin recordings.  Strugling with the tempi or colouring. For my listeningexperience unforgivable ... It's nice to hear Brendel excel.

Piano Sonatas Nos. 1,2&3 * 4 Impromptus * 4 Scherzi * Berceuse * Barcarolle

f.jpg

Edited by Referentzhunter