Jump to content

mikeweil

Moderator
  • Posts

    24,795
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mikeweil

  1. mikeweil

    Hugh Walker

    Welcome to the board. Always great to see people posting here who are related to artists we appreciate.
  2. https://www.discogs.com/release/13957542-Mose-Allison-High-Jinks-The-Mose-Allison-Trilogy
  3. Besides the obvious classics, one I only missed by a week or two because he was out of town again when I took a trip to Berlin: Ray Bryant. John Lewis and the Modern Jazz Quartet.
  4. Great music, wrongly attributed to Mozart, who held Schuster in high esteem.
  5. Eddie could be a bit more prominent in the mix. But both play very well.
  6. https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=4cK1A7kOy9E&si=UeCGyqZ_41lecBg0 James Carter Organ Trio
  7. The latter from the 16 CD Coltrane Prestige box set.
  8. If I had that ma ny , I would try and complete the series.
  9. I have problems with renewal of my Lord subscription. I e-mailed them but they blame it on my bankers. Otherwise I would have taken a look immediately.
  10. mikeweil

    Teddy Charles

    Yes indeed!
  11. mikeweil

    Teddy Charles

    I made my own CDR compilation of all the tracks Charles and Mingus recorded together. Fascinating listening!
  12. This is a real good compilation!
  13. As I supposed several factors may be at work. After an unannounced browser update which erased all my stored passwords I had to log in anew, and new it seems to work as always.
  14. I am totally content with the Keepnews produced twofer. All tracks are there, all are very well played, sound is great. The Craft people don't know how to use a discography and want to sell.
  15. Thanks for that release. Discogs just does not list the bonus tracks on that reissue, but you can see them on the scan of the teay card,
  16. I thought so. But I am not really a friend of YouTube.
  17. While reading James Harrod's book on Pacific Jazz I asked myself if the early Harry Babasin tracks were reissued on LP or even CD.
  18. I could kick myself for not buying this when it was issued. Reviews confirmed it was fascinating. How much did you pay?
×
×
  • Create New...