Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom 1960

KSDS Jazz Explorations (San Diego)

4 posts in this topic

I don't normally have Saturdays off from work. That said I want to plug this excellent program hosted by Ken Poston. Today his focus for 3 hours was on the music of Gerry Mulligan. Well done show. A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to hear his program on Atlas Records. His program airs from 7 am to 10 am Pacific time. 10 am to 1 pm eastern time on Saturdays. Mark this program on your music calendar. https://www.jazz88.org/

Thanks for the recommendation--I'll definitely check this out.  Ken has deep knowledge of West Coast jazz and was very helpful when I was putting together a Night Lights show about the Lighthouse in the 1960s/early 70s.  He's also the founder and director of the L.A. Jazz Institute.

Program plug. Ken's program today features music of the V Disc label. 

Edited by Tom 1960

Another plug. The past few weeks Ken has been devoting his shows to the Lighthouse in Hermosa Beach. He's been playing recordings also which have never been commercially available. More reason to check this show out. The series continues now and is available on demand. Great show if you love West Coast Jazz. 

Edited by Tom 1960