Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghost of miles

"ECM: Birth Of A Label"

5 posts in this topic

A new Night Lights for the week just ending is now up for online listening:

ECM: Birth Of A Label

Much appreciation to the posters who commented in my previous thread about this era.

A great listen, thanks. 

I know most of the music well but it's good to hear it together in the historical context.

3 hours ago, mjazzg said:

A great listen, thanks. 

I know most of the music well but it's good to hear it together in the historical context.

So glad you enjoyed it, mjazzg. Bummed that I couldn’t really fit certain albums like Marion Brown’s Afternoon Of A Georgia Faun into the show and could give them only a fleeting mention... but hopefully the notion that early ECM (and later, too) is more diverse than some might think came through.

28 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

So glad you enjoyed it, mjazzg. Bummed that I couldn’t really fit certain albums like Marion Brown’s Afternoon Of A Georgia Faun into the show and could give them only a fleeting mention... but hopefully the notion that early ECM (and later, too) is more diverse than some might think came through.

It does. The contrast between the Garbarek and Corea's Return to Forever choices makes that point eloquently. There was just too much good music in the catalogue at the time (and I'd the make a case for later too but that's another story).