Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jazzbo

FOUND Basie Volume 5 and Volume 6

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Looking for two volumes in the Masters of Jazz (Media7, France} series of cds, "Volume 5 1937 - 1938" and "Volume 6 1938."

I am willing to pay $30 each including postage or shipping if in very good shape or better and complete.

Please email me at lonjazz@yahoo.com or PM here if you have either or both for sale, Thanks!

Edited by jazzbo

Don't have them, probably won't ever have them, but what's the draw here for you Lon? Airshots?

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

Don't have them, probably won't ever have them, but what's the draw here for you Lon? Airshots?

Yes. I have all of the eleven volumes except 2, 5 and 6. I don't need the material on 2, but need parts of 5 and 6 or suspect that some parts will sound better on these volumes than where I have them.

Found Vol. 5. Still looking for Vol. 6.

Found both volumes, ironically outside of this advertised "WTB." 

Congrats! That Masters Of Jazz series (that one, not all the others) was a simply miraculous body of work. I missed most of them, but hey, again, congrats!

Thanks. I have all the Bechet thanks to a member here--and that is a treasure trove containing some material I never knew existed, and all the Christians and Young and most of the Ellington and Holiday. Slowly over time I'll complete those issued and be done. An excellent label that released discs that remain very valuable for collectors.