November Issue of Cadence

I figured this deserved a separate thread, even though the cat left the bag in the other one.

The Eddie Higgins interview that was accepted for publication one year ago has finally reached print in the November issue of Cadence. The interview was long enough that it will carry over into the December issue. In this issue, however, is what may be the most interesting aspect for some members, Eddie's explanation for why he turned down Art Blakey's offer to join the Jazz Messengers. He says some somewhat surprising things about the band.

I'd planned to scan the front page of the interview and have their permission to do so, but I've got problems with the scanner. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.

In the meantime, I invite everyone to look for a copy of Cadence or you can order individual issues for something like $5 at 315-287-2852.

• 3 weeks later...

Up, since the December issue with part 2 of the interview landed in my mail box yesterday.

Yes, I got this, but the November issue never came... :unsure: A lapse in renewal on my part, I guess?

David, I can send you the tearsheets, so long as your email can handle it. Quite a few big pdf files.