Kenny Werner - Lawn Chair Society

milestones20

• 3 weeks later...

Received it today & listened through once--first impression is that it's quite good & that the use of electronics/computer is nicely restrained, sounding organic to the music rather than a forced "effect." I'm definitely going to listen to it again. Dave Douglas fans, take note--he's here, along with Chris Potter, Scott Colley, and Brian Blade.

I've given this a couple listens. I liked it the first time and get more out of it each time I put it on. Great combination of players, and they all deal very well with the musical curveballs Kenny throws at 'em. A wide variety of emotion is present on this, from poignant to humorous. As mentioned in the other thread (link below), this was Kenny's first project since his daughter passed away. It's not at all a maudlin atmosphere though; instead it seems to be a celebration of her life (and music in general) with some somber moments of remembrance.

I really have been enjoying this one, I'll be curious to hear what others think....

Kenny Werner thread.....

I received my copy this morning and I've played it once. My first impressions are of disappointment. I don't really like the electronic effects and the whole thing seemed rather formless. However that may be because I wasn't really expecting it to be like that and I was looking forward to some straight ahead jazz with Kenny on piano, as usual. I think I need to play it a few more times before making up mind.

• 5 months later...