Just saw a GREAT movie

sal

A film called "Sideways" has slipped its way into theaters under the radar. I saw it yesterday afternoon, and I'm trying to spread the word to get people to see this great film. Its directed by Alexander Payne of "About Schmidt" and "Election" fame, and starts Paul Giamatti, who stared in last year's "American Splendor". There is so much to say about this film....its really, really touching, extremely funny, and quite introspective. The performances across the board are stellar, especially Giamatti's, and don't be surprised if some Oscar nods go to Giamatti and Virgina Madsen. This is easily Alexander Payne's best work to date, and to me this film is one of the year's best right alongside "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", Farenhiet 911", "Passion of the Christ" and "Ray".

DO NOT miss this one.

Sorry to be the one to piss in the punchbowl, but I thought it was just okay. Giamatti's pretty terrific as usual, the story's nicely written, and overall it's not a bad film by any means, but it just didn't move me. I thought "Kinsey" was much more interesting and entertaining.