Palmetto

randyhersom

So far Palmetto is only showing up under the label list. I already own the Andrew Hill and Javon Jackson and have downloaded Marty Ehrlich - Line on Love, the Herbie Nichols Project Strange City and Bobby Watson - Live and Learn. The Bobby Previte, Ben Allison, Bill Mays and Larry Golding (As One) are in contention for the next choices. It's not a full catalog, but here are the artists represented so far.

Artists on Palmetto:

Ben Allison

Ben Allison And Medicine Wheel

David Berkman

Bill Mays Trio

Bobby Previte And Bump

The David Berkman Quartet

Marty Ehrlich

Joel Frahm

The Herbie Nichols Project

Andrew Hill

Javon Jackson

Larry Goldings Trio

Kate McGarry

Ted Nash

Bobby Previte & Bump

Thirteen Ways

Ray Vega

Bobby Watson

Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson Quartet

I downloaded the Goldings last night. Haven't listened to it yet.

FYI - on the Palmetto web site, they have a bunch of Free Downloads that are otherwise unreleased. Some very cool stuff including Andrew Hill, described as follows: "Andrew's "A Beautiful Day" live sessions involved a great deal of editing in order to be able to present all of the tunes on one CD. Here are the complete unedited versions of 2 pieces that are on the CD."

Check it out!

I have the following recent Palmetto titles for sale, in case anyone is interested. $10 each including shipping within the US. All of my CDs (including inserts) are in excellent condition unless otherwise noted. Please e-mail me at ktoh@indiana.edu. I prefer to receive payments in PayPal -- from bank accounts only; no credit cards.

Joel Frahm & Brad Mehldau, “Don’t Explain” (Palmetto)

Frank Kimbrough, “Lullabluebye” (Palmetto) [w/ Ben Allison, Matt Wilson]

Ted Nash, “Still Evolved” (Palmetto) [w/ W. Marsalis, Kimbrough, Allison, Wilson]

For those of you who do not know Kimbrough, there is a very nice profile of him in the current issue of Jazz Times. Andrew Hill dubbed him “one of the few meaningful artists of the future.” And Gary Giddins who usually does not like Mehldau raved about his performance in “Don’t Explain”.