Nicholson gets court rage

Nicholson gets court rage

Nicholson rarely misses a home Los Angeles Lakers game

Actor Jack Nicholson was almost evicted from an NBA basketball game after stepping onto the court and shouting at a referee.

The Oscar-winning star and Los Angeles Lakers fan was watching the drama of his team's playoff game against the San Antonio Spurs.

He got out of his seat and yelled at referee Mark Wunderlich during a break in the action after Lakers player Shaquille O'Neal was called for his third foul in the second quarter.

Officials said Nicholson - who plays an anger management therapist in his latest film - would have been thrown out if he had encroached onto the playing area.

"I pay a lot of money for this seat," Nicholson said.

"This is the NBA, you can't tell me to sit down."

The following day, O'Neal said: "I'm glad somebody sticks up for me - I appreciate it, Jack."

With his $500-a-game courtside seat, Nicholson rarely misses a home game.

The contract for his film Ironweed stipulated that producers must work their shooting schedule around the team's games.

Nicholson's latest movie, Anger Management, has taken $115m (£72m) at the US box office.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3018487.stm

Jack is at nearly every Laker home game, and has attended for a very long time(before the Lakers started winning again). In fact, his movie contracts stipulate that no meetings or filming be scheduled during Laker games.

his ticket costs more than $500 a game, with all the different fees and "rights" to the seat in today's new era..

i'd say for the playoffs that seat for just 1 game is about $2000.

"you can't handle the truth"

was the ref gonna "T" up Coach Jack?

i miss chick hearn

viva la lakers

here is a link to tickets with a max of $2100

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09003671...style=nbalakers

Edited by Soulstation1