Pre-Emptive Football Thread

This is the thread to post your NFL picks and favorites for the upcoming season enabling bragging rights at the end of the season. No bandwagon jumping late in the season.

Who are you rooting for? Who are you predicting will go all the way (if they're different).

As an Alaskan, I have to root for Seattle. In a pinch I'll cheer for Green Bay... Needless to say, I'm not oozing with confidence that either will go all the way, but I'm cheering for them anyway...

GO BROWNS! 

Sorry to hear that. I'm originally from Pittsburgh and so I'm all about the Steelers and their Four Super Bowl Trophies

(However, I do think Jim Brown was the best player to ever put on a football uniform.)

Growing up in Canton, OH and having my boy-hood best friend originally from Squirrel Hill provided for lots of fond memories. :)

Rootin' for the Browns post Modell (someone who should be brought up on human rights violations) is truly tough. :g

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

ditto that big wheel! although we all know that the real foolball team in miami are the HURRICANES!!! B-)

Jet fan and 37 year season ticket holder currently living in southeast Florida (I sell my tickets every year to two guys in Manhattan and Long Island). Dolfans hate us but they wouldn't be able to fill up Pro Player without we transplanted New Yorkers. Not only that, on the rare occasion that the Giants come to town, Dolphin ticket holders who normally sport the aqua and orange are all of a sudden wearing their old L.T. jerseys and cheering "Here we go Giants, here we go!"

Anyway, back to my cursed Jets (thank God, I was born and raised a Yankee fan because rooting for the Jets is almost as bad as being a Red Sox supporter), if Pennington stays healthy and a few of their No. 1 draft choices on the defense play like they're supposed to, we'll still be behind the Patriots. Never should have let Belichick escape to New England, but what's done is done. Anyway, with Ricky and David Boston out and the Dolphin front office being a shambles and Wannstedt apparently lacking the necessary ingredient to make and play well in the playoffs, I'm hoping my Jets surprise everybody by finishing in 2nd place with hopefully, a wild card spot.

Sorry, Evan,

Marty

Don't be so sure, Conn-baby ^_^ .... They're crackin' down on mugging the receivers (uh... now it will be called and not ignored...), and that will surely put a crimp in New England's "big D", doncha know... Let's see how they 'adapt'.. :w

EDIT: Of course, that enforcement applies to all teams, so let's see how we all 'adapt' ^_^

Edited by rachel

Go Titans!

They lost Eddie George (DAL), Jevon Kearse (PHI), Justin McCariens (NYJ), Robaire Smith (HOU) and Frank Wycheck to retirement. Big holes to fill all around.

However, It's still the Air McNair show. 2nd-year wide receiver Tyrone Calico is looking great in camp and is going to have a breakout year. The Titans had a GREAT draft.

Everyone is talking Colts, Jags and Texans in the AFC South. Somehow they forgot the fact that the Titans are the NFLs winningest team in the last 5 years. I predict they'll come in second in the AFC south behind Peyton and his Colts, but they'll still get a wild card berth in the playoffs.

77_Mora_FP_AP_MichaelConroy.JPG

PLAYOFFS???!!!??

Edited by Jim Dye

If only football (and soccer) could be pre-empted, and obliterated!

That's cold man!

I love American football, but there is no game as beautiful as real football (aka soccer) well played.

But that's a different thread! Go Seahawks!

It's tough to repeat, but I'm going for my team New England to take the trophy once again.

On paper, they are stronger than last year. Look out league!!

Argh, no. Please no, anything but New England! But I have to say, adding Corey Dillon to the mix was sure a potent addition...

The Pats are more than just Corey Dillon, Chris.

Their defence will always be their strength.

Rachel: Bill Belichick has always established terrific pass protection. I'm sure the defensive backs will adjust to the new rules, though there will be tons of penalties early on.

Tony Dungy and Mike Martz are both on the rules committee and did their best to try to slow down the New England juggernaut. I don't think it will be a big deal by the end of the season.

It's hard to repeat, but they've got a great chance. Again, we are asked to pick a champion here before the season starts. I pick them.

And you, Rachel? B-)

Would it surprise you guys to know that I read the Patriot's website every day?

;)

I get to read articles from the local press through their links. Everyone is really positive about the season, but then I guess this probably occurs in all the camps.

Watch for a couple of newly-converted linebackers this season: Dan Klecko and Tully Banta-Cain. These two will replace the aging Roman Pfifer, Ted Johnson; and will help us to forget the horrible injury to Roosevelt Colvin.

Terrell Buckley will have a great comeback year in the secondary.

Troy Brown will take some plays at cornerback.

Mike Vrabel will be at tight end on some plays.

Dan Klecko will serve as fullback on some plays as well.

All eyes are on Corey Dillon, while Kevin Faulk will continue to make big plays.

It's hard to keep up with the fertile mind of Bill Belichick.

You haven't changed at all Conn-- always the most negative interpretation of anything said about the Pats. I didn't say (nor imply) that the Patriots were just Corey Dillon. I just noted that adding him to the mix is intriguing. Kick that New England chip off your shoulder, man.