Quality vinyl brings a smile to my face

wolff

The thread on favorite non-jazz box sets got me playing my The Jimi Hendrix Experience set again.

This box is amazing.

The box is made of purple velvet.

8 thick, dead quiet LP's.

Each LP is housed in individual picture sleeves and the photos are GREAT! These picture sleeves are as thick as album covers. Inside the picture sleeve there is a regular poly/paper sleeve. Unreal!!

The 80 page booklet is color and of very thick stock. High quality photos throughout.

An informative paragraph or two about every cut.

Last but not least, IMO the music and sound are awesome. The warmth and relaxed presentation belie it's digital source, bigtime. I expected unpolished, filler type songs, but I like just about every song. If this issue did not receive every award possible, somebody screwed up.

Think of a very deluxe Mosaic 8 QLP set and you'll get the picture.

4 years ago I paid $40 for it during a Tower sale.

I think I'll tip my hat as I pass Jimi's memorial grave site tomorrow.

I have an extra sealed copy I'd be willing to trade for a great jazz record. It is a very awesome set. :bwallace:

Don't have much to offer in the way of great jazz records, as I've only recently begun my journey into the world of vinyl. What price would you be willing to part with the set for? PM me if interested...

• 4 years later...