Lost

Well I see there's a fairly active thread for "Desperate Housewives", so I thought I'd see if anyone is hooked on "Lost". I know I am. Any pet theories about what's really going on on the island?

The most interesting speculation I've run into says that the survivors of the air crash are already dead and that the island is a waystation between the here and the hereafter. This theory also holds that John Locke (the bald headed guy who used to be in a wheelchair) is operating in the role of a medium/facilitator who will help the survivors get from where they are now to their ultimate destination.

Any other thoughts?

Up over and out.

That sorta of works, except for why are there wild boars on a waystation to the hereafter and why didn't the strung out bass player guy go straight to purgatory instead ? :D

It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain some of the story momentum as they skip along to the conclusion, or will it ever end ?

Well, at least some sort of ending would be made up for the DVD release.

From what I've read, despite early reports there are *no dinosaurs* on the island.

The producres also claim that this "isn't a science fiction show."

Don't know what that means, but it's been a fun ride so far. Let the speculation begin!

My friend at ABC has no idea of long-term plans for the show either...

From what I've read, despite early reports there are *no dinosaurs* on the island.

The producres also claim that this "isn't a science fiction show."

Don't know what that means, but it's been a fun ride so far. Let the speculation begin!

My friend at ABC has no idea of long-term plans for the show either...

That seems to fit the ABC mindset, since I think they fired the execs who backed both Lost and Desperate Housewives before the start of the season.

I think I read that there were supposed to be 46 survivors. Have we seen them all? Are some just extras? Do you think they'll start killing them off?

Of course, that is why there are so many, duh! You watch, when they start running out of individual stories, people will start dying. It works.

But hey, how do you think that polar bear got there in the first place??? Probably from the previous plane crash or however. At first I thought there was some sort of scientific experimentation station there, but it seems they have veered away from that.

And now they seem to be implying that this "survivor" is the "IT" that killed them all. We'll see.........

:g

B-)

I've been watching it and sort of enjoying it. At the same time I think it's STUPID in a way that Alias is stupid (it's all just my opinion and how the stuff hits me with its "tone") and I'll probably stop watching it soon.

Dave your theory sounds an awful lot like Phil Dick's "UBIK" or "Maze of Death". . . and I don't think network tv is ready to go there. . . .!