Foo Fighters tonite in Denver @ The Fillmore

Tonight, WE ROCK!!!

wall.jpg

We always go see the Foos when they come to town. So tonights gonna be an ear bleeder!! B)

But can anyone give me some info on these opening acts: (Geez, there's 3 of 'em)?

Pete Yorn

The Special Goodness

C-Minus

Some would call this good value. But if you don't know who they are, do you care?

Or, perhaps I'll get turned on to someone really cool... <_<

Any recommendations? :unsure:

Edited by Parkertown

We have Pete Yorn's first disc for Columbia. Reading your taste in rock music, I think you'll like his music. Hey, you might even love it. Good solid rock 'n roll. He is considered a "singer/songwriter" by some as well.

Just to give you a ballpark, a few of my friends are big into Uncle Tupelo/Son Volt/Wilco, Ryan Adams, Elliot Smith and the like. They are also fans of Pete Yorn.

Don't know anything about the other bands. Who's Foo Fighters? ;)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input Impossible. I did like Pete Yorn's set. Solid rock and roll is pretty accurate. I'll bet if I knew the songs, I would have enjoyed their set even more. His band was pretty good and they had great sound! You could feel the drummers bass drum in yer knees! I think their set enjoyed better sound than the Foos.

We also saw The Special Goodness, who were okay, but to me they kinda had that "sound" you hear a lot from young bands these days: Blink 182-ish, mmm... but not really punky...just kinda navel-gazing lyrics...pretty random...

There was no C-Minus.

The Foos were great, and loud! They played great; the audience was just eating it up. This was the first time I've been in this new Fillmore. I had been to it in it's former life as the Mammoth Event Center. Still has the gymnasium feel to it, but they've really cleaned the place up, added more bars 'n bathrooms; still gets hot as hell in there though. They've put all these cool pics on the walls of performers of previous shows from throughout the venue's history. The sound seemed really good; an improvement.

Am I getting old? There was maybe one or two times I was wondering what I was doing, crammed into a two-by-two foot space with people pushing and shoving, some politely, some not; breathing some cigarette smoke, on my feet for almost four hours...everyone hot and sweaty...ears ringing...waiting in long-ass lines to piss out the $5.25 :o Coors Light beers...over-exuberant fans going nutso. I guess it was....great! :) Don't think I'd want it any other way. You just don't get this kind of intimacy or connect with the band and audience as well at large venues like amphitheaters or stadiums (Red Rocks is an exception, however).

Also, I thought once or twice about the Great White tragedy and looked around and couldn't really see too many exits. It took quite a while for everyone to file out through the front doors. I could definitely envision the panic that could ensue if something went wrong!!! I guess it's really best not to ponder on that kind of thing for too long...

We had a great time. But I sure it would never be like this at most jazz shows. I've really only been to one, Pat Metheny @ the Paramount Theater on his Speaking Of Now tour. Everyone had seats. And it was great too, just a completely different type of experience.

Oh well, a rock show wouldn't be a rock show without those things I listed above... B)

Edited by Parkertown