Instruments

Jazz Kat

Thats great!  ;)  You guys are finding jazz groups and dates with guitar and bass, (and drums for some reason which I did not say) but my initial comment was that it was not COMMON. Did not say never, just not as common as a tenor, piano, bass, and drums setup.  ;)

Apparently it's common for guitar players.

BTW: a bass player called me last night, I think we're going to start playing together, guitar and bass.

Did you tell that bass player that your name is not "last night?"

:g

Thats great!  ;)  You guys are finding jazz groups and dates with guitar and bass, (and drums for some reason which I did not say) but my initial comment was that it was not COMMON. Did not say never, just not as common as a tenor, piano, bass, and drums setup.  ;)

Apparently it's common for guitar players.

BTW: a bass player called me last night, I think we're going to start playing together, guitar and bass.

Did you tell that bass player that your name is not "last night?"

:g

I'm not joking, and don't call me Shirley. ;)

I want this album Jim!!  Get to work!!

The showdown could be a three way with the Dr. and Joey D. if schedules permit.

The horns MUST include a trombone and preferably Lou Donaldson an alto.

HELL YEAH!!

Sounds fun... who's going to pay for all these famous guest appearances? ;)

I am serious about an organ/drums thing but it would probably lean more towards the funk side. I'd want to use Randy on two tracks, the drummer I play with in my R&B band (who is a funky motherfu...shut yo' mouth!) and maybe a track or two with another friend of mine who plays the hell out of the congas. Maybe a cross-country collaboration with a buddy that lives in San Fran. That would be cool!

I've been running the idea through my head for awhile now. If the next organissimo record doesn't start happening soon, I'll start working on it.

YES!