Complete Bill Evans on Verve

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my expressing my concerns to both UMG and eBay, here's the response I received from UMG:

Dear Anthony,

We appreciate your concern regarding this problem.  It was unfortunate that this problem remained undiscovered for several weeks resulting in thousands of dollars in losses.  As soon as it was discovered all related listings were immediately canceled and winners notified.  These orders had already been processed by our distribution center therefore all of the customers who had purchased this item and issued payment will be receiving their orders.  ( :huh: )  We are currently correcting these listings, be sure to check back at our store soon for re-listing of these and other great items:  http://www.universalmusicstore.com.  We appreciate your interest in the Universal Music Store and all things music.

Please include the original message in all replies.

Thank you for contacting us.

Customer Support

universalmusicstore@umusic.com

Universal Music Store

:huh:

The sentence that I highlight is so poorly worded, I really have little idea of what its writer is attempting to communicate.

As I was saying:

Virtually unknown during his lifetime, the works of Kafka have since been recognized as symbolizing modern man's anxiety-ridden and grotesque alienation in an unintelligible, hostile, or indifferent world.

:wacko:

An interesting turn of events. I've now received the following communication from them:

Dear Rolf,

We wanted you to know that your recent UMS order (#512776) was shipped on 2005-02-28. You should receive your package(s) in 1 - 3 weeks, unless you upgraded to an expedited shipping method during checkout (Your carrier is listed below under Shipping Details).

ORDER INFORMATION

Order #: 512776

Order Items: 2

Sub total: $ 199.98

Shipping: $ 3.95

Insurance: $ 0.00

Tax: $ 0.00

Grand Total: $ 203.93

Your order is being shipped to:

It was unfortunate that this problem remained undiscovered for several weeks resulting in thousands of dollars in losses.

this line cracks me up.

i suppose they are assuming that all 15 would've sold for the corrected price of $250.

i don't see that happening.

i would love to know what the actual cost of the set is.

it sounds like it might work out for everyone who has purchased and paid for the item, and that's a good thing.

Hi All,

Well, I just got this box in the mail today, and hopefully the rest of you will too. Chaney, it (sort of) sounds like UMG will honor those who paid for their winning auction BEFORE they noticed their error.

Universal are a piece of work! Statements like "we will be asking for those who received their order to return it" and "thousands of dollars in losses" are a complete joke! Even if they did f*** up their pricing, they are still responsible for seeing the deal through. But, as others have said, there's NO WAY that I would've paid $250 for this box. The price listed ($99) seems quite reasonable to me, given the age and the condition these boxes are in.

BTW, my box has VERY little rust, so I can't complain. But the packaging??? Talk about Kafkaesque! Who the f*** designed this thing? Seriously, how did something like this ever get approval? Must've been the day the 'E' was passed around the office.

Good luck in getting your boxes, gents. I'll be more than willing to write and/or call UMG to advocate on your behalf if need be. Just let me know...

And if that fails, well... we can strategize about this. Through PM's, of course! :w

Cheers,

Shane

Guest Chaney

Well, it's good that weizen is getting it.  Maybe that bodes well for me but I doubt it.

Why not send UMG another message noting that apparently UMG is now fulfilling its contractual commitments with others and maybe they'd like to do the same with you.

He also said that they would be contacting people to whom they delivered the sets to return them but recognized that what's done is done.

they'll get my evans set when the pry it from my cold dead fingers.

If I had gotten one, I'd offer to sell it back to them for $500.00. ; :angry:

"Colt?"  "Lachlan?"  Sounds like Ebay's outsourcing.... perhaps to Narnia?  ^_^

That must be "Barney Colt," the black sheep of the Colt family. We might have to send over his second cousin, Denny Colt, to teach him a lesson:

spirit.gif

Edited by alankin

Well, it's good that weizen is getting it.  Maybe that bodes well for me but I doubt it.

Why not send UMG another message noting that apparently UMG is now fulfilling its contractual commitments with others and maybe they'd like to do the same with you.

I'll do that Tony as well as bring it to ebay's attention.

This sorry saga has finally reched its conclusion, thank god (one of the few things to go well this week and now we can relegate this thread to the dustbin of history):

Dear Bradford,

We wanted you to know that your recent UMS order (#515247) was shipped on 2005-03-01. You should receive your package(s) in 1 - 3 weeks, unless you upgraded to an expedited shipping method during checkout (Your carrier is listed below under Shipping Details).

ORDER INFORMATION

Order #: 515247

Order Items: 1

Sub total: $ 99.99

Shipping: $ 2.95

Insurance: $ 0.00

Tax: $ 0.00

Grand Total: $ 102.94

Your order is being shipped to:

On the other hand, I received this pathetic email from ebay (primarily the last 2 paragraphs):

Hello Brad,

My name is Lennox, and thank you for reporting this to us. I understand

and share your concern in this matter, as it can be quite frustrating

when your seller refuses to sell you an item you won fairly.

I have thoroughly investigated your concern regarding your seller

refusing to complet the transaction, and empathize with your frustration

in this matter. Please be assured, if a violation of eBay policy has

occurred, we will take the appropriate action in accordance with our

site policies. Such action may include issuing a warning, temporary

suspension, indefinite suspension or terminating the membership.

Due to eBay's Privacy policy we are unable to provide information

regarding the details of another user's account. We are equally

concerned about violations on the site, and will thoroughly investigate

each report we receive. However, the details of our actions cannot be

disclosed with third party members. Please remember that this is for the

protection of all eBay users.

However, please remember that eBay does not participate in the buying or

selling of any items. We simply provide a place where our members can

meet to sell, and buy just about anything, at anytime, from anywhere, in

a variety of formats, including a fixed price format and an

auction-style format commonly referred to as an "online auction."

As eBay is not involved in the actual transaction between Buyers and

Sellers, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the

items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of

Sellers to sell items or the ability of Buyers to buy items. We cannot

ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.

Think of eBay like an Internet version of the newspaper classifieds. We

help buyers and sellers find each other, but we take no responsibility

for the merchandise changing hands. If a transaction goes wrong on eBay,

you need to address this with your transaction partner - just as if a

car you bought through the classifieds broke down, you wouldn't call the

newspaper that printed the ad, you would contact the seller.

Again, we appreciate your assistance as it's people like you who keep

eBay a fun and safe place to trade. If you have any more questions that

haven't been answered, please feel free to write back. When received,

I'll be more than happy to assist you with whatever concerns you need to

have addressed.

Warmest regards,

Lennox

eBay PowerSeller

Trust & Safety

Edited by Brad

Clearly, the only reason that UMG ultimately gave you an affirmative response while Ebay gave you a tepid one, is that UMG knows you as "Bradford" and Ebay knows you as "Brad". :rolleyes:

I'm sure the depth of that comment is as a result of your new avatar :g

Seriously, I think why UMG caved in is from an email I sent them yesterday asking why Weizen was getting his and why I was not and if I was not getting it, where's my damn refund and that I had reported them to ebay. My guess is that they finally decided $99 was better than nothing.