New EST album.

Guest che

I won't trade all the albums from EST for a solo by Bud Powell!

Well we all have different tastes, I think this trio and Esbjorn Svensson are/is a very talented group of musicians. Who is to say that in years to come, we will not be talking about EST or Svensson the same way you talk about Bud Powell?

Che.

There is a great deal of atmosphere on this album, which has a strong Nordic influence, much more for me than any of their previous albums. Berglund is awesome, the sounds he makes on te bass are something else.

Che.

Well we all have different tastes, I think this trio and Esbjorn Svensson are/is a very talented group of musicians. Who is to say that in years to come, we will not be talking about EST or Svensson the same way you talk about Bud Powell?

Che.

I'll have left the jazz scene when/if that ever happens!

Edited by brownie

Che.

I'll have left the jazz scene when that ever happens!

Well hopefull we will both be around.

EST are very have created a great deal of interest. I was at a concert lasy year, their were younger people and older people all talking about the group and jazz.

Do you have much of their music?

Che.

good to see people as Che who are so passionate about their idols! For me I do like them but out of the last 4 CD's you can randomly pick one and have enough of it.

Bluerein.

Hi.

I am not exactly passionate, and will accept that to some EST do appear to be producing the same type of music. I think there is a difference between the early albums and the last two.

'Strange Place For The Snow' for example was much more atmpspheric that the big seller 'Seven Days Of Falling', which was much more 'pop' and music orientated that jazz orientated (if this makes and sense)?

I guess we all hear things differently thanks for your thoughts.

Che.