Record/CD stores in Sacramento area?

AfricaBrass

I'm new to this area (I'm in Roseville) and I would LOVE any recommendations for good record/cd stores. I found one by my house called Dimples that has a decent selection of used CDs (quantity over quality unfortunately). I had so many good places to shop where I used to live. I shouldn't have moved. :(

Please help this cat if you will. :D

Thanks in advance.

It's interesting you mention Sacramento record shopping. I remember many years ago hanging there for a few days when I was on the road and looking for a jazz record store. I can't remember the name of it, but I remember what I bought- Miles' Aura.

I remember walking back to my hotel and at one point feeling momentarily disoriented, like I was dizzy and the ground was moving. The feeling passed and I returned to my hotel room and turned on the tube to see that the October 17, 1989 earthquake had just taken place.

Anyway, that's the memory this thread brought up. I hope no one here lost anyone on that terrible day.

Berkeley's fine, though 90 minutes or so away. At 40 cents or so a mile, there is some cost involved - money that could be spent at:

The Beat - downtown Sac @ 17th and J

Dimple Records (several locations)

Esoteric (on ElCamino) is sometimes worth a stop, when you're at Tower anyway

There's also a little, but not-bad, shop between the famous nightclub and the equally famous bookstore downtown, right across from the capitol. Seems to be the club is something like the Garage or Capitol Garage. In any event, I think the location is between 12th and 15th on L street.

Finally, there's a shop in North Sac called, I believe The Underground. This location isn't great, but others are better (Chico, Oroville, etc.)

Or consider a stop in nearby Davis, on your way to Berkeley, if you must. Aardvark and others.

Edited by BbM7