LF: Freddie Roach

looking for "down to earth" and "brown sugar". import prices are outrageous!

will trade. any help appreciated.

thanks.

B-)

Wasn't "Down to Earth" reissued under the Spanish Blue Notes? Should be possible to get that one.

"Brown Sugar" is trickier to find. I've got a copy, but I've been looking for "Mo' Greens."

Doesn't anyone come on this board looking to buy these things any more?

and if you bothered to read my first post you would have seen me say:

"import prices are outrageous"

:rmad:

Then don't buy it! And guess what? You won't have it!

You are not "entitled" to this music just because you want to hear it. If it's too expensive, then you can't own it.

I'd love a Ferari.

As Jim said in a recent thread, "Swap" does not mean "swap CD-Rs". It never did mean that.

evan, i've got those two cd's........

For sale or to burn?

so you are against trading? :wacko:

Trading CD-Rs? Of available music? No, I'm not into this practice.

I have exchanged CD-Rs with people of LP burns and I'll probably continue to do this.

Jim asked people to stop doing this. Just because this thread has it all with the "wink-wink-nudge-nudge you know what I mean" kinda stuff, we all know what's going on.

evan, i've got those two cd's........

For sale or to burn?

so you are against trading? :wacko:

Trading CD-Rs? Of available music? No, I'm not into this practice.

I have exchanged CD-Rs with people of LP burns and I'll probably continue to do this.

Jim asked people to stop doing this. Just because this thread has it all with the "wink-wink-nudge-nudge you know what I mean" kinda stuff, we all know what's going on.

the only mention of cdr's in this thread is by YOU! <_<

And my last reply to this...

connoisseur series500 replied that at least one of these two titles is available cheaply. Clearly from the ignoring of his post, it wasn't "cheap enough". Likely what is "cheap enough" is $0.19, or, the price of a CD-R.

I have a copy of "Brown Sugar". I don't particularly dig it. Had the tone of this thread not turned the way it did, I would have likely offered it at a price far below what I paid. Once it became clear that this would likely have been uneeded, I didn't send that pm.

BTW, I have been seeing this practice a lot lately. People post looking for a CD title, I pm saying I can get or have a copy available and the usual response has been "Thanks, but I got a burn".

And my last reply to this...

connoisseur series500 replied that at least one of these two titles is available cheaply. Clearly from the ignoring of his post, it wasn't "cheap enough". Likely what is "cheap enough" is $0.19, or, the price of a CD-R.

I have a copy of "Brown Sugar". I don't particularly dig it. Had the tone of this thread not turned the way it did, I would have likely offered it at a price far below what I paid. Once it became clear that this would likely have been uneeded, I didn't send that pm.

BTW, I have been seeing this practice a lot lately. People post looking for a CD title, I pm saying I can get or have a copy available and the usual response has been "Thanks, but I got a burn".

and FWIW had you offered to sell me your copy of brown sugar (a perfectly legitimate practice where no royalties are paid) i probably would have paid you a fair price. i have bought MANY cds from board members!!!!

:rmad::rmad:

i will accept your apology for your unnecessary rudeness in hijacking my post and writhig such blather! ^_^

i will accept your apology for your unnecessary rudeness in hijacking my post and writhig such blather!

I will apololgize if you tell us all what the result of these "offers" were. Tell me I'm wrong and you got someone with a used copy that you're buying and I'll gladly apologize. The responses in this thread don't look like offers to sell.

My skin may be thin on this issue. As I've said, lately there have been a lot of people looking for stuff that aren't "looking" for it. I can over-react.

Hey: When I wanted it and it being the last Roach Blue Note I needed (already own down to earth, mo greens please and good move) I threw down and paid $30 for a sealed tocj of Brown sugar and that took care of it for me. I'm not into cd burns , I want to own the music, liner notes, inserts, jewel case etc.

Dova

Hey: When I wanted it and it being the last Roach Blue Note I needed (already own down to earth, mo greens please and good move) I threw down and paid $30 for a sealed tocj of Brown sugar and that took care of it for me. I'm not into cd burns , I want to own the music, liner notes, inserts, jewel case etc.

Dova

I feel the same way.

I just don't like burns. I've got less than five burns (out of 700 cds) and I never play them. However, I do admit that I am not an impecunious student who has to count coins...so that's just me!

Anyway, Evan and Kevin: shake hands and drop the discussion. You are both good guys and I call you both friends.