Dilemma in southeast Florida

MartyJazz

Here in southeast Florida where there is a dearth of live jazz happening, I am presented with somewhat of a dilemma this coming Saturday eve. I can travel about 35 miles south to Fort Lauderdale and check out the Claudio Roditi-Kenny Drew Jr. Quartet at an event sponsored by South Florida Jazz of which I am a dues paying annual member. Or I can stay local and go to the very nearby Palm Beach Community College in Lake Worth and see the soemwhat iconoclastic vocalist Patricia Barber whose CDs I have indeed purchased. But come to think of it, I have a couple of Claudio CDs, as well as having seen and enjoyed Kenny Drew Jr. in a trio setting last year.

What would you do? (Ticket prices are practically equivalent).

Don't you have something taped you need to watch?

Chuck!

What a sour suggestion! Haven't you heard we've got to get out and support live jazz? I'm a Netflix subscriber so I can always stay home and watch something of interest.

In any event, thanks one and all for your "help". I'm still undecided but it would be nice to run into you David (dsgtrane).