Bobby Timmons/Sonny Red

BbM7

Anyone besides Dan Gould have this recording? I bought it mainly as a curiousity. Recorded late in the career of each featured performer in a relatively informal setting (clearly, the audio engineer was not RVG), it's a pretty loose set. And, just when I think something's going to suffer a total breakdown or the proceedings are going to lapse into the entirely banal, one of the performers plays something that seems to bring things back together.

By no means a great recording, but it did meet my objective: it's a curiousity.

Oh yes, any thoughts on this recording, Mr. Gould? (I'm not sure we've 'met', but yours is a familiar name. Three Sounds/Gene Harris, is it? Or have I confused you with...??? So much for the memory.)

Yes, it is I, the former Gene Harris Fanatic. As I said, good memory, but I'm not sure who you might have been at a different time on a different BBS.

As for the LP, I generally agree with you; if you like Timmons and Sonny Red, its something to be curious about, but its a loose live gig that doesn't have a great deal to recommend it other than the two principals being on board.