KKJZ

clinthopson

KKJZ (formerly KLON) has upped their power to 30,000 watts so their signal can be heard pretty clearly throughout most of SOCal.

Unfortunately they still have the incompetent, blithering Joni Caryl on in the morning and the rest of the jocks stick to a pretty much "best of" playlist very much in the mainstream.

Since I'm mostly a straight ahead guy, that doesn't bother me but I would think there was room for some of the more "out" stuff which they never play except for the occasional airing of "Love Supreme."

Once I found out the exhorbitant salaries they were paying the station manager and other administrative types, I stopped contributing, which I had done since the beginning and the contributions have been very generous.

AT least they don't play smoooooth.

I've given them repeated pieces of my mind re. the decline of their programming and program hosts. I've stopped short of telling 'em that I think it's contemptible for them to invoke Chuck Niles' name as frequently as they do while serving up such garbage to their long-time loyal supporters. (like Clint) Of course, since they broadcast from "The Chuck Niles Studio" it's unavoidable. I'll say this --- if I were a relative of Chuck's I'd be raising an **ENORMOUS** broo-haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got completely fed up with KKJZ's morning announcers and their top 40ish play list.

I can't do anything about it in my car or at home but here in my office I've changed the music stream from KKJZ to WBGO.

They have a much better, to me, music variety asnd what appear to be knowledgable aners.

Plus they have NPR and local news.

It's a kick to hear the weather in Central Park.

I like 'em. :wub: