WHAT A SCORE!!!!

pasta

:tup Bored on my day off, so I drove over to St Pete today and stopped at a couple of places- and MAN AM I GLAD I DID! Scored the following five LP's for FIFTEEN BUCKS TOTAL!!!! All of them are in nice shape vinyl-wise, with some cover wear here and there on a couple of them, but so what! Let me tell you man, this was one of those days when all the stars lined up in my favor! I love this music!

Kenny Burrell- Recapitulation (2-fer comp of some awesome Cadet stuff! Kenny Burrell never fails to impress me the way he just throws his licks out there like it's as natural as BREATHING to him!)

George Freeman- Birth Sign (1969 Delmark PROMO! Never heard it before, but it's playing right now, and IT'S KNOCKING ME OUT! Dynamite all around, baby, with brother Von on about half the tracks- George Freeman needs to be more WELL KNOWN!)

Bobby Hutcherson- Montara (Simply beautiful stuff, as usual!)

Jackie McLean/Michael Carvin- Antiquity (Have yet to hear it; heard all good things about it though, which will no doubt be true. Jackie in a duet setting blowing out!)

A World of Jazz- Various Arists (Big John Patton, Joe Henderson, and more more more, Liberty 2-fer comp of some sweeet Blue Note SOULFUL STUFF.)

Hate to cut it short, got some listening to do-!!!

VINYL IS FINAL!

Believe it or not, a couple of thrift stores on 66th! There IS a record store called Bananas in St Pete also, but beware, the records are priced at the counter by the owner........and he checks the price guide, then gemm.com, and comes up somewhere in between. For example, I'm SURE that the Hutcherson LP would have been around 35 clams there. Positive. PEACE

Ever notice that places that sell records, if they are NOT a record shop, but a thrift store, CD store, etc., will store the damn things in the hardest to reach places they can? Under tables, stacked so you gotta dig thru them to get to anything, in tight spaces, etc. What the HELL kind of way is that to display the merch? No other products get that disrespect..........nor do customers OF said products...........