Wireless No Contract Phones

Are you looking for a no-contract phone because you only want to use it for a short period of time, or are you going to continue using it after you get back from vacation? If you're planning to use it long-term, TracFone is very expensive. I get 600 anytime minutes plus 5400 evening/weekend minutes for about what they charge for 200 minutes. If you only want to use it for a couple weeks, this type of service makes sense. With the larger companies you can normally get no-contract service, but then you don't get subsidized phones and you don't get as good of rates. BTW, if you do go with TracFone, get a Nokia phone rather than Motorola. Motorola is thought of as a better brand, but the people I know who own Motorola phones are generally unhappy with them. Evidently they don't get great reception and the batteries don't have very long lifespans compared to other brands.

Then I think this is probably as good a choice as any. Get a Nokia phone, and you might be able to sell it when you're finished with it. Hell, maybe you can even find it at a large electronics store with a 30-day return policy! (Make sure you deactivate the phone with your service provider before you get rid of it, though!)

Thanks for the info. We bought the Nokia at Wal-Mart for fifty (20 free minutes) and a card of 150 minutes for another forty. This will cover our road trip, and (if we want) can return the phone for a refund before 30 days is up.

Sorry to sound so stupid in these matters, and a hundred thanks.