CD Universe

clandy44

When (if?) you receive the item, it will probably be precisely giftwrapped in yellow or other colored tissue paper w/a gold address label neatly attached -- a clear sign that on one level they're paying close attention to detail. I'm somewhat sympathetic to them because I too have done that tissue paper 'bit' for many years on eBay and think it's a nice touch in this day & age of items being tossed haphazardly into oversized boxes and banging around and showing up at your door looking like hell. That's why I like buying items from Mr. Tanno in Japan --- his signature blue plastic wrap says "I paid attention'. Anyway, despite all the negatives these folks have received, we're definitely not talking some villainous band of thieves out to snare you but rather an operation that, for some unknown reason, has experienced a meltdown of sorts, or is now operating way out of it's league. One can only speculate.

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

• 2 months later...

Speaking of re-wrapped discs....moments ago (after waiting 3+ weeks) I received, from eBay seller 'LUXONDA,' this old domestic version of Miles 'Blackhawk', Vol. 2 with neato orange 'Used' sticker.  Only problem is that I (supposedly) won both SACD volumes that were advertised as 'New'.  Well thank goodness the jewel case isn't cracked or I'd

lose it!! 

Shame on me for not paying closer attention to this idiot's feedback. 

"100% Guaranteed" --- sure, we'll see about that.  :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILES-DAVID-CD-In-Pers...1QQcmdZViewItem

Three months down the road, the same seller is operating under a new name and still using the false import SACD line (at least he's posting pics this time). :rolleyes: This guy's feedback is too much! What a cornhole. :rolleyes:

Buyer dixon64 ( 298) May-07-05 12:47

Took two months to mail CD! Very Displeased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by prophetofgrace: I was suspended for those months, silly! Jesus Loves You despite your neg! May-07-05 19:06

Follow-up by dixon64: I know Jesus loves me! But this has very little to do with why CD took so long! May-08-05 12:55 :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Alankin posted the pre-order announcement last night. I have a question about the CDU shipping. I want to order these four and don't care about waiting 'till the last one arrives so that they can send them all together...but they don't give you the 'ship together' option because of the pre-orders and say that they'll charge for each shipment. So they'll be sending me 3 parcels...but will the shipping be capped at the $5.99 cited, or are they going to gouge me again and again?

Qty Config Item Price Availability

CD Monk, Thelonious : Thelonius Monk Quartet With $13.29 Pre-Order

Now! Available: Tuesday, September 27, 2005

CD Ellis, Don : Essence $11.19 Usually ships in 1-2 days

CD Manne, Shelly : Play More Music From Peter Gunn: Son Of Gunn! $8.39 Pre-Order Now! Available: Tuesday, August 30, 2005

CD Alexander, Eric : Battle $11.89 Usually ships in 1-2 days

Subtotal $44.76

Shipping and Handling $5.99 Standard

TOTAL $50.75