J&R Sale

BbM7

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still "PROCESSING" x 4  :(

Same here. Still processing, no e-mail from them.

Oh well, at least today some fuller priced OJCs arrived from CD U (I threw 'em in for myself as I was ordering a Jazz In Paris box for a gift.)

In honor of the Byrd/Adams going last chance (already have it!) I now (finally) have Pepper's 10 to 4 at the 5 Spot. And 2 Coleman Hawkins. 1 is Soul, which at first I was kicking myself for forgetting it is/was supposed to be released as a K-2, but I guess a regular edition in hand beats a hypothetical upgrade in the bush.

I received one e-mail today confirming shipment of 7 CD's (5 Verve LPR's and 2 Howard Rumsey OJC's), and another announcing the cancellation of the remainder of my order (5 OJC's - 4 of them highly recommended by fellow board members). I wish that I had ordered the Al Cohn and the Yusef Lateef LPR's.

I received one e-mail today confirming shipment of 7 CD's (5 Verve LPR's and 2 Howard Rumsey OJC's), and another announcing the cancellation of the remainder of my order  (5 OJC's - 4 of them highly recommended by fellow board members).  I wish that I had ordered the Al Cohn and the Yusef Lateef LPR's.

The Al Cohn was one I ordered that was cancelled, but you can get it

HERE for just a little more (still a good deal though).

Still haven't received an e-mail from J & R, but I noticed just 1 of the 12 I ordered is shipping. All the others are still being processed. (Everything was an OJC btw.)

Kinda interesting how some here are getting e-mails and partially cancelled orders, while others are still being processed and not getting feedback e-mails. I guess I can be patient, just sorta strange when you see how differently people's orders are being handled.

I also received an email yesterday, saying all but one that I ordered had been shipped, with one cancelled.

Still haven't received an e-mail from J & R, but I noticed just 1 of the 12 I ordered is shipping. All the others are still being processed. (Everything was an OJC btw.)

Kinda interesting how some here are getting e-mails and partially cancelled orders, while others are still being processed and not getting feedback e-mails. I guess I can be patient, just sorta strange when you see how differently people's orders are being handled.

I ordered 25 OJC titles on May 30, and the order is still processing all items. Some titles have switched from usually ships in 1-2 days to 7-14 days, and some have switched in the other direction. 11 days down. Some communication would be nice.

Is this sale really going anywhere?

I guess I don't understand why some items couldn't just be back-ordered instead of being cancelled outright. I mean, I ordered Stan Getz with Cal Tjader and The Magic Sound of Tadd Dameron; both items were cancelled from my order, but they now have them "in stock." :huh::mellow::wacko:

To those who've had their orders cancelled or decimated:

My apologies. I'm always reluctant to recommend anything (a business, for example), but J&R had always treated me well.

I'm glad that a few people have been able to realize some bargains, without too much misery.

But overall, this has left me bummed. And so I slink off into the night. (Tough to do at noon.)

To those who've had their orders cancelled or decimated:

My apologies.  I'm always reluctant to recommend anything (a business, for example), but J&R had always treated me well. 

I'm glad that a few people have been able to realize some bargains, without too much misery.

But overall, this has left me bummed.  And so I slink off into the night.  (Tough to do at noon.)

Even though so far I'm just getting 1 of 11 and not getting any feedback about the rest, I'm thankful for the sales notice. :tup

I'm patient so if it takes them a month I don't mind given the price, and there are plenty of other discs on my hunting list that I can go after while the status of the ones being processed is (somewhat) uncertain. It is reassuring to know that they've done alright by others in the past.

I imagine with the free spenders at this site and probably a few other places that they got hit hard. ;)

What Big Al, Free For All, and Quincy said.

I'm always grateful for the sales tips I learn about here, whether its Blue Notes at Tower, Jazz in Paris at DustyGroove, OJC's at J&R, or what have you. Often I don't pull the trigger fast enough and miss out on some of the more obscure items (like the Complete BN Gil Melle at some "graveyard" site way back when). I like to think of myself as patient. Eventually I'll get some message, and hopefully part of my order. If not, there is always the epinions link on the one J&R email I received asking for feedback...

Add my thanks for the heads-up to everyone else's, BbM7. :tup With these prices, we're all willing to be patient and/or risk a few cancellations, recognizing that J&R is a large, established outfit and isn't about to take our money and run. :g

Has anyone else not even received a single reply for J & R on their order? :angry:

I made my order 3 days ago and it still shows "Processing"-not even a confirmation of a single cd in stock-let alone anything shipping.

I requested in the order that they ship whatever was in stock.

Anyone else wait longer than I have to get any confirmation from them?

I guess I've been spoiled by da' Bastards at the Groove, where everything ships out the next day... :tup

Edited by jazzkrow

Has anyone else not even received a single reply for J & R on their order?  :angry:

I made my order  3 days ago and it still shows "Processing"-not even a confirmation of a single cd in stock-let alone anything shipping.

I requested in the order that they ship whatever was in stock.

Anyone else wait longer than I have to get any confirmation from them?

I guess I've been spoiled by da' Bastards at the Groove, where everything ships out the next day...  :tup

I received an immediate email confirmation when I placed an order 4 days ago. Since then, nothing, and everything still shows as "Processing."

Received notification yesterday that everything in the order has shipped. Got into the game a bit late (5/29) and after reading some of the posts above, was about a half step from cancelling....and am shocked that they actually rounded 'em all up, including the Cohn that Free for All said he lost out on in an earlier 5/26 order. I'd written that one off big time! Sorry, FFA, don't hold it against me. :ph34r: Anyway, based on GA Russell's sobering post, we'll sit back and see if the 'Jazz in Paris' box arrives dented/crushed beyond recognition. :o

Art Taylor-Taylor's Tenors

Lucky Thompson-Lucky Strikes

Howard McGhee-Maggie's Back In Town

Vince Guaraldi-From All Sides

Jaki Byard-On The Spot!

Dave Brubeck-Jazz Impressions Of Eurasia

Dave Brubeck-Jazz Impressions Of Japan

Al Cohn- Al Cohn Quintet

Cyrus Chestnut-The Dark Before The Dawn

Jazz In Paris IV: Rive Gauche, Rive... [box]

Dave Pike-Manhattan Latin