Adobe Photo Deluxe 4.0?

Years ago, I bought an HP scanner that came bundled with Adobe's Photo Deluxe. I loved this simple-to-use photo editor. I was able to upgrade it to 3.0 when my brother bought a scanner (he's since lost that install CD). I am now in the hunt for a 4.0 version. Ebay is nuts about this stuff. I mean, it's discontinued software and they're getting $50 for it? Heck, for $50, I'll go out and buy a modern package. :D

Does anyone have an old CD of this lying around? Maybe an old scanner package? A reliable download site? I'm even thinking about buying a used Microtek 4800 scanner for the Photo Deluxe CD and throwing out the scanner!

I wish Adobe still sold it but I guess they want everyone to pay $300 for PhotoShop.

Kevin

Jim, I've tried several freebies and all of them have their pluses and minuses but none of them have gotten the simplicity that I loved about PhotoDeluxe. I could scan, fix the red-eye and export a picture to .jpg in about a minute. It is really simple that way. I was given a copy of Photoshop a while back and I couldn't figure out how to do these "simple" things.

I'm actually tracking some scanner auctions on ebay. I figure I can get a scanner with PhotoDeluxe bundled in for a lot less than the software. Weird, huh?

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

After doing a bit of research, and watching some ebay auctions where copies of this software have gone for over $40, I dicovered that Microtek included Adobe PhotoDeluxe 4.0 in their Scanmaster 4800 scanner. Guess what? It's a very cheap scanner. I found one on ebay that said included PhotoDeluxe and I got it for $22, including shipping! I may just throw the scanner away. :)

Kevin