Dual TT and cartridge questions

On the lower right front of the wooden base on my Dual 1219 TT, it says "United Audio". In doing some research on Ebay and google, I have seen 1219s with this and others without.

At what point in Dual's history did UA have an association? Is mine an early or late model? How can you determine the approximate age of a Dual TT. Is there a master serial # list online?

Also, I have a Stanton 890 SA cartridge/headshell and stylus that I picked up at Mars music when they were going out of business. I know this is a DJ set up, and tracking force is rated at 5-8 grams. Would it be ill advised to use this for home LP play?

Just curious. Thanks!

Also, I have a Stanton 890 SA cartridge/headshell and stylus that I picked up at Mars music when they were going out of business. I know this is a DJ set up, and tracking force is rated at 5-8 grams. Would it be ill advised to use this for home LP play?

Just curious. Thanks!

As far as I know United Audio Were the US importers for Dual??

I've never seen a UA badged Dual deck in UK/Euro anyway...

As for the Stanton - unless you want to start wicki-wicki scratching like da b-boys I'd recommend a more straight ahead hi-fi stylus. 5-8 grams is a lot of weight bearing down on those grooves. I can't say what damage it will do but I bet it ain't doing your records any good.

Colin AKA SeeWhyAudio