Show us your... paintings

scottb

And that tear really gets ya, dudn't it?

yes, it puts the cloud like hair into a whole 'nother perspective.

amazing stuff

that's no cloud, and i'm no critic, but ... as you can discern by the envelopment of his tresses the artist is strongly influenced by the japonais block paintings of hokusai.

aah! another layer of interpretation, comparing the King's hairdo to a full grown japanese tsunami of yesteryear. But where's the grease in that?

If you don't have the artistic insight and inspiration to see it, there's really not much hope for you.

you must be referring to the Japanese whaling; thereby creating puddles of sperm grease on the waves. An obvious point, but also much indicative of your fake artistic attitude. Not all paintings are a mere politico-social critique, you shallow hack!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived the bad art museum. I was laughing out loud and had everyone at the office wondering. The critiques are hilarious!

for example:

u-pop-unseen-14.jpg

A blood curdling scream from the fires below. A lost soul cries out in agony, eyes upward, forever to be taunted by the reclining though erect Adonis just out of reach. This brilliant reworking of one of Art's oldest subjects -- recasting the cloven hoofed, behorned one into a youthful virile stud is a refreshingly original treatment of an age-old theme.

Edited by scottb

And that tear really gets ya, dudn't it?

yes, it puts the cloud like hair into a whole 'nother perspective.

amazing stuff

that's no cloud, and i'm no critic, but ... as you can discern by the envelopment of his tresses the artist is strongly influenced by the japonais block paintings of hokusai.

aah! another layer of interpretation, comparing the King's hairdo to a full grown japanese tsunami of yesteryear. But where's the grease in that?

If you don't have the artistic insight and inspiration to see it, there's really not much hope for you.

you must be referring to the Japanese whaling; thereby creating puddles of sperm grease on the waves. An obvious point, but also much indicative of your fake artistic attitude. Not all paintings are a mere politico-social critique, you shallow hack!

I resent that--I'm actually a very deep hack.

I love art and I'm slowly diving into it in my spare time. No painting for me yet, I've just gone through a beginning drawing class and am now starting up life drawing, which is a pain in the arse. The drawing below is based on a "grid over a photo" type project from my beginning drawing class. It took a while to get this far but I lost patience and didn't finish.

drawing_checker_kids.jpg

here is my photo on which it was based:

yangshouchess.jpg

joe

Guest akanalog

i threw up a few of my paintings i have images of on my computer. not the best images-bad slide scans mostly and not the most efficient way of looking at them-but here are a few if you want to bother.

www.adamame.com/p1.swf

www.adamame.com/p2.swf

www.adamame.com/p3.swf

www.adamame.com/p4.swf

www.adamame.com/p5.swf

www.adamame.com/p6.swf

www.adamame.com/p7.swf

www.adamame.com/p8.swf

www.adamame.com/p9.swf

www.adamame.com/p10.swf

www.adamame.com/p11.swf

www.adamame.com/p12.swf

www.adamame.com/p13.swf

www.adamame.com/p14.swf

That's beautiful!!! Wow

That is a print of his. We have one of his originals but I don't have any pictures. It's a bit strange in that he only does trees. It's interesting to see how his trees have evolved over the past few years.

This one is typical of his early work.

Mike-Klung-Endless-Hills-II-4348.jpg