McLean Mosaic

ASNL77

I have the Mosaic, but it has crap sound...

... normally Ornette is a bore to me.

different-strokes-arnold-what-you-talkin-bout-willis.jpg

Now I received it and listened I can really say that 'crap sound' more than an exagerate expression is an untrue one for the 1994 McLean Mosaic. I cannot say these cds offer the best Blue Note/Van Gelder sound ever, but it stands pretty well the general cd sound of those recordings, nowadays' Conoisseur seies included. Bright, well separated, excellent drum sound, warm and definited bass sounds (the weakest feature, naturally, but not 'crap' at all), clean...

I am happy I did not listened to such cr... arbitrary infos.

The Ornette/McLean Let Freedom Ring cd is wonderful, a kind of manifesto for the jazz to came -almost never come bright as these two masters' music.

Hee hee, I love that pic.

I stand by my comment about the sound - it's early McMaster, dull to me, and the various other versions (LP and Japanese CDs) are an improvement.

When Ornette's Atlantic LPs came out, I dutifully bought them all, and made myself wade through them, but they never moved me at all. I was told about a South African DJ in the 60s who said "And now, uff you want to hearr a peegg heving uts ears torn off ..." (with a strong South African accent, you dig?).

But I doo like soul, funk and organ jazz, so I am safe, lol.