FS: B&W CDM1 SE bookshelf speakers

Jim Alfredson

As some of you might recall, we are re-doing our kitchen right now. Money is tight, gigs are light (or non-paying) and I'm forced to sell my beloved B&W CDM1 SE bookshelf speakers.

I bought these new about 6 years ago. They have been in storage for about a year, since Zora kept wanting to knock them over (she did not succeed, thankfully). I have all the original packaging, the manuals, etc. They are in pristine condition and sound fabulous. Very tight, good bass for a bookshelf speaker, great imaging, wide soundstage. GREAT speakers for listening to jazz and/or classical.

Brand new they were $1250 for the pair. I'd like to get $650 out of them, but it seems the market is at around $550. But mine are real purdy. So $600, including shipping, and they are yours. For $650 I'll throw in a 12' pair of bi-wired Audioquest Type IV speaker wire.

PM me or email me if ya want 'em.

These aren't mine, but this is exactly what they look like:

Sorry everyone, I've been away from the computer all day. Had to work on the kitchen project.

I replied to all the PM's. To answer the questions, the Adcom GFP-750 does not have a phono stage, however I have a really nice McCormack pre-amp ($500 new) that I will throw in for another $250. The people at North Country claim that it's the best under-$1000 phono pre you can buy. The Adcom pre-amp has the original box, manual, and remote.

The CD72 came out in 2000, I believe. It does not decode HDCDs. I did listening tests between it, the new Rega that came out at the same time, and the Musical Fidelity (can't recall the model). For my speakers, the Arcam sounded the best to my ears. I paid $900. I have no idea what it's worth now, so make an offer. It does have a really nice DAC.