Jazz Visions: Lennie Tristano and His Legacy

My copy of Peter Ind's book, JAZZ VISIONS: LENNIE TRISTANO AND HIS LEGACY has just arrived ... unfortunately I do not have time to read it immediately, but will do so over the holidays. Has anyone read this yet? A brief glance shows the book to be quite anecdotal, but with lots of biographical detail on Tristano's day-to-day life ... There is so little available on Tristano that this should be a valuable contribution ... after all Ind did have a close personal and working relationship with Tristano.

Some reactions to "Jazz Visions" can be found on pages 4 and 5 of this thread:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...pic=15577&st=45

Thanks Larry ... I have not been a regular on here these past months, and missed that very interesting exchange ... I do love the fact that there are those of us troglodytes who still find a great fascination with all things Tristanoish ... and Yes, that Ind solo bass album is a stunner in many ways ... I was never sure why I enjoyed it, but your eloquent words captured some of the mystique for me ... We do have Ind to thank for providing us fans with Konitz and Marsh material during the very dry spell of the 70s with those weird albums of edited solos on his Wave label ...