Feb 21st RVG Batch

mgraham333

Do not ignore Infinity.

I'd love to not ignore Infinity, but as far as I know, it's only available as an expensive import.

Maybe it too will be a Conn or RVG, sooner or later??

Infinity was available as a Connoisseur in 1998 . It does make an excellent companion to Jackie Mclean's Consequence as well .

The 1990 CD of Tom Cat has the cover from the Japanese lp reissue I believe . Does the new RVG have any photos from the session ?

I'm curious to know how the new Tom Cat compares sonically to the first CD issue .

I picked up Tom Cat yesterday and I'm a bit disappointed with the sound. In comparison with the earlier CD issue, the instruments seem a little more clear on the RVG, but there is no warmth at all, nor is there any stereo seperation amongst the horns. Maybe it's my equipment, though I don't think so.

Listening to TOM CAT right now. My goodness, I love this album!!! Which makes it all the more surprising that I traded this away so many years ago; what the heck was I thinking?

As far as sound goes, I don't remember the McMaster sounding THIS good! This CD smokes!!!

Glad to have it back in my collection!