Wall outlets for your audio system

Stefan Wood

I am moving into a condo and I went ahead and bought a high end wall outlet for my stereo system. This is the place that I got it from:

http://www.acmeaudiolabs.com/

I will report back after I receive it and the break-in period. I am curious if anyone else has done this for their systems?

Edited by Stefan Wood

A friend a mine got some cryogenicly-treated outlets and has been very excited by them. I don't hear a difference, and there's no reputable science behind it. But our friendship is more important than bursting the bubble of a chronic tweakophile.

That friend and I also own Monster HTS 2000's. These did make a discernable difference in the noise floor of his system, less in mine. He lives close to a school, and I live several blocks away. I actually get a larger improvement from it in the video signal from my cable. So, as they often say, YMMV.

Well, now that I have moved in, it's so far so good for the outlet. It definitely provides a more distinct and clear picture on the tv. I won't comment on the sound yet because I am moving furniture around and the sound is stil bouncing all over the place. But it isn't a bunch of hokum... yet.