On first listen, I'm not thrilled by the overall performance. It feels very formal, not loose, with the exception of Sayonara Blues, and No Smokin, which are excellent. I couldn't find their playing much different than the studio performances,again excepting the two mentioned tracks.
I am retiring in two months and I have done enough experimenting and playing around with equipment over the years, that i want to just lock in on an open baffle sound thatvI love. I like that I can swap out the driver and crossover if I want to.
And I took the final plunge. Ordered Pure Audio Project Trios with horns. I've heard them. It satisfies all the things I have been listening for in speakers.
They may not think that but tell it to those in Europe and Asia who have decided until there is some clarity on this issue, they ain't shipping to the US for the time being.
This is completely nitpicky, and as someone who hadn't bought a new box from Mosaic in years, but the materials used for the box and booklet are very flimsy.