New jazz radio in the UK

ASNL77

A new jazz radio has been launched in the UK. It is called thejazz. No adverts, no talking ( not even to mention the name of the artiststs they play :huh: ) and it is on 24 hours a day. See the link below. I have been listening to it for a few hours and it is not bad at all. Nothing to do with the appaling 'Jazz FM' that plays as much jazz as I play Celine Dion on my turntable! :beee: You can listen to it if you have a digital radio DAB or on Telewest ( channel 961) or on Sky (channel 0113)

http://www.thejazz.com/

Edited by ASNL77

• 4 months later...

I'm listening at the moment and it's.... alright.

The picture of Jamie Cullum on their homepage isn't encouraging. Still, they're playing more jazz than Snooze FM has in years.

Just to bring this thread up to date, the website stream (usually) shows tracks being played. The station now has presenters and a few adverts. Too many vocals for my taste but still a lot of jazz.

Edited by ornette

Nice background music.

Problem is that titles, artists are often not mentioned - at least not when I've been listening. Neither are soloists. I would have thought that this information was essential on a JAZZ programme. Also presenters never comment or enthuse about the tracks they are playing. I suspect they are subject to a playlist, know little about what they are playing and are relying on a computer screen for basic information.

Like Adrian, I'm not holding my breath.